Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tsranch tsranch is offline

Default Office XP Installed Over Office 2002

Did the Add/Remove from Control Panel to remove Office 2002, rebooted and
installed Office XP/Students. Now Excel and Powerpoint come-up as XP/Student
but Word comes up as the old version, Office/2002. Did the uninstall again,
went into Safe Mode and deleted whatever file I could for Office and Word,
ran Wise Reg. Cleaner to erase old traces. Rebooted and installed XP/Student
again. Same thing happened, Excel and Powerpoint new version while Word is
still the old. What am I missing? I'm not saying that it doesn't work but
I'd like to get the newer one working for school.

Thanks In Advance, Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tsranch tsranch is offline

Corrected, "Microsoft Word 2002" from "Microsoft Works Suite-2003". Same
question still applies. Again Thanks, Rick

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no Office 2002. Office XP contains Word 2002, Excel 2002, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But if you install Office XP over Works Suite with Word 2002, the Word
installation is not overridden (resulting in having different product keys
for Word and the rest of Office). You have to explicitly uninstall Word from
Works Suite before installing Office XP.