Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SC747 SC747 is offline

Default How to Turn off Automatically Update Style in Word 2007

Hello,

Is there a way to turn off "Automatically Update Style" in Word 2007? When
editing a word document, for example, adding a bullet, or changing the font
color of highlighted text, Word seems to change it for a portion of a
paragraph (that was not selected). There seems to be a step automatically put
in play by Word - Automatically Update Style. Undoing this step brings
everything back to normal. I have looked up AutoCorrect and AutoFormat
options, but can't seem to find a simple fix to this. Changing the Style to
Word 2003 is a temporary fix, but I am looking for a more permanent solution.

I've tried searching for a fix to this, but unfortunately, I have not been
successful. I came across a few posts that involved adding VB code, but this
doesn't really seem to help. Further to that, this is hard to implement while
dealing with a large number of computers.

Your help would really be appreciated. Thank you.