Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnB[_2_] JohnB[_2_] is offline

Default Using Online Template - Template Help

If I download and modify a Microsoft Online template, I always get the
Template Help window every time I open the file, even though I've saved it
to a location other than the template folder.
How do I open it as a normal doc?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The idea of a template is as a proforma layout from which you create new
document. When you have created the new document from your template it is a
document like any other.

JohnB wrote:
If I download and modify a Microsoft Online template, I always get the
Template Help window every time I open the file, even though I've
saved it to a location other than the template folder.
How do I open it as a normal doc?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnB[_2_] JohnB[_2_] is offline

it is a document like any other.
Except... I always get the Template Help window with this document.

Any idea how to prevent that from opening?

JohnB wrote:
If I download and modify a Microsoft Online template, I always get the
Template Help window every time I open the file, even though I've
saved it to a location other than the template folder.
How do I open it as a normal doc?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If this is Word 2003, press F1 to open the Help task pane. Click on Online
Content Settings... Clear the check box for "Show Template Help
automatically when available." If this setting exists in Word 2007, I
haven't succeeded in finding it.

JohnB wrote:
If I download and modify a Microsoft Online template, I always get the
Template Help window every time I open the file, even though I've
saved it to a location other than the template folder.
How do I open it as a normal doc?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Suzanne,

FWIW, the Word command that displays the 'Service Options' dialog
is 'SQMDialog' (in All commands).

For Word 2007 running that command only shows a revised 'Shared Workspace' settings dialog. The other two parts of that Word 2003
Help=Customer Feedback Options
dialog
'Customer Feedbacck Options'
and
'Online Contents'
have been moved to other locations in Word 2007.

The Template 'Help' and 'rate this template' parts are in the
Office Button=New as part of the larger preview pane.
The other parts are in Office Button=Word Options=Trust Center.

In Word 2003 the 'Template Help' dialog is available via the Ctrl+F1 task pane with it's multiple 'choices' when the Help option is
turned off. The 'template help' "when available part" is triggered, if I recall correctly, in Word 2003 by a custom propertery
_TemplateID

=========
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
If this is Word 2003, press F1 to open the Help task pane. Click on Online
Content Settings... Clear the check box for "Show Template Help
automatically when available." If this setting exists in Word 2007, I
haven't succeeded in finding it.

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP