Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zahara zahara is offline

Default my word is displaying Codes instead of showing diagrams, captions

Hi,

Can any body help me in resolving this formatting issue. I have drawn
diagrams, insert captions and put references using ENdNote in my word
document but when I opened my document , isntead of those things for instance
take captions, instead of seeing drawing objects , i'm seeing such kind of
coding like {Shape/Merge Format}

intrestingly, if I cope paste this coding thing in any other program except
Word like Microsoft Outlook, it shows the exact diagram but in my word it
shows nothing excpet such kind of language for all my captions, refernces,
diagrams

it would be great help if any one can tell me whats wrong , is it some kind
of setting problem or what?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 24 aug, 17:26, zahara wrote:
Hi,

Can any body help me in resolving this formatting issue. I have drawn
diagrams, insert captions and put references using ENdNote in my word
document but when I opened my document , isntead of those things for instance
take captions, instead of seeing drawing objects , i'm seeing such kind of
coding like {Shape/Merge Format}

intrestingly, if I cope paste this coding thing in any other program except
Word like Microsoft Outlook, it *shows the exact diagram but in my word it
shows nothing excpet such kind of language for all my captions, refernces,
diagrams

it would be great help if any one can tell me whats wrong , is it some kind
of setting problem or what?

It sounds as if you seeing the field codes. Select all text (ctrl+A)
and then press ALT+F9 to switch from field codes to field results and
back.

Yves