Jackie

Default Character spacing on screen

We have recently upgraded to 2003 and are experiencing a very strange
problem. A few documents, after being sent for printing, have changed
on screen. The typeface looks irregular - squashed together in places
and spaced out in others (like a very old typewriter). The page also
printer like this. The font doesn't look like Ariel 11 as is built
into our templates. It has happened to four different users, using
different documents and sending to different printers, many other users
are working normally. In each case we have been baffled as by
changing a setting in the document, ie sending to a different printer
or deleting temporary files or sometimes just clicking on text, it
seems to magically sort itself out. Has anyone seen anything like
this?

Shauna Kelly

Hi Jackie

I suggest you ensure that the drivers for both the printers and your
monitors are up to date. You can get updated drivers from the websites of
the manufacturers of the printer and the video card.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

oups.com...