Katie

Default Printing/page numbering a booklet

I have created a cookbook in Word. From following another guide in
creating a booklet I went to page setup and set the page margins to the
following: Top/Bottom/Left/Right - 1", Gutter 5.5", Gutter position -
Left.
Then I proceded to type recipes on the right. While inserting text
boxes on the left to place pictures. Now I need to number the pages and
print. When I go to Insert page numbers it does not number my pages
as (2 pages per sheet), but individually. I have tried to go back and
adjust the page set up to booklet, manual duplex but I recieve the
following error message when trying to print "Settings you chose for
the left and right margins, column spacing, or paragraph indents are
too large for the page width in some sections. Can anyone offer any
solutions. Or should I start with a new document, set page to booklet
and begin again? Thanks

The instructions given at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm, which you appear
to have followed, are for booklet printing without the use of Word's "Book
fold" feature. You have to choose one or the other. If you want to use the
latter, then set the gutter to 0".

"Katie" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Katie

If I change the Gutter to zero than my pages do not appear as I had
them, and some of the pictures are deleted. Is there any alternate way
to go about getting the desired result without changing to Book Fold?

The instructions I assume you followed (if you were following
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm) are for
alternating left and right pages, which are then printed on the same sheet
of paper. You can't put a picture on the left side of a page with text on
the right and have it work out correctly. You must put the picture on the
preceding left-side (verso) page. You must create the pages separately, then
pair them by printing as instructed. The same would be true using "Book
fold."

oups.com...