Bejewell

Default Combine two documents, one on even pages, the other on odd

I need to combine two documents into one, but one document should appear on
odd pages, while the other appears on even pages. Combining the documents is
the easy part - I'm just not sure if it is possible to interlace the two
documents so one is on the front of the page and one is on the back.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
garfield-n-odie

If you just need the printed document to be combined, then print the first
document, flip the printed pages over and put them back into the printer, and
print the second document (you might have to choose reverse print order,
depending on whether your printer stacks printed output face-up or face-down).

If you need an electronic version that is combined as you describe, then the
easiest way would be to convert both Word files to .pdf using Adobe Acrobat,
combine the .pdf files by inserting one into the other in Acrobat, and then
rearrange the pages as desired by dragging and dropping in thumbnail view in
Acrobat.

"Bejewell" wrote:

I need to combine two documents into one, but one document should appear on
odd pages, while the other appears on even pages. Combining the documents is
the easy part - I'm just not sure if it is possible to interlace the two
documents so one is on the front of the page and one is on the back.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

jem01354

I love a challenge and have just been having a dabble to see if I could solve
your problem.

If the documents you want to interlace are €˜text documents it can be done
using linked text boxes. Heres how:

Create a blank document with as many pages as you think youll need (use
Control + Enter to create the additional pages). On each page youll need a
text box that fits up to all the margins €¦ itll help if you go to Tools |
Options then, on the View tab, click Text Boundaries (so you can €˜see where
the margins are).

Copy the first document and paste it into the text box on page 1 then link
the text box on page 1 to the text box on page 3, link page 3 to page 5 etc.
Copy the second document and paste it into the text box on page 2, link the
text box on page 2 to the text box on page 4, link page 4 to page 6 etc.

Hope this helps.