Steve

Default Copy Word TOC into a document with less pages

I have a 250 page Word document. I want to excerpt selected Chapters (that
total 26 pages). I created a new document, then deleted all but the 26 pages
I wanted. Included in the 26 pages was the full automatically created Table
of Contents. When I saved this new document, the TOC gave me error messages,
"Error, Bookmark not defined."

I understand the error message, BUT I want to take an image of the Table of
Contents (as it shows in teh 250 page document), and insert it into the new
26 page document - without the error messages.

How do I do this?

Steve
Steve

Perfect! Thank you. I spent nearly 2 hours on this before I posted this
question. i appreciaate your response very much.

Steve

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

In the original 250-page document, select the TOC, press Ctrl+Shift+F9 to
unlink the TOC, copy and paste the TOC into the 26-page excerpt document, and
close the original 250-page document WITHOUT SAVING CHANGES to it.

"Steve" wrote:

I have a 250 page Word document. I want to excerpt selected Chapters (that
total 26 pages). I created a new document, then deleted all but the 26 pages
I wanted. Included in the 26 pages was the full automatically created Table
of Contents. When I saved this new document, the TOC gave me error messages,
"Error, Bookmark not defined."

I understand the error message, BUT I want to take an image of the Table of
Contents (as it shows in teh 250 page document), and insert it into the new
26 page document - without the error messages.

How do I do this?

Steve

Note that a less risky method is to copy the (still linked) TOC in the
original document and paste it into the excerpt, then unlink it. As long as
you don't update the TOC in the new document, it will remain intact until
unlinked.

"Steve" wrote:

I have a 250 page Word document. I want to excerpt selected Chapters

(that
total 26 pages). I created a new document, then deleted all but the 26

pages
I wanted. Included in the 26 pages was the full automatically created

Table
of Contents. When I saved this new document, the TOC gave me error

messages,
"Error, Bookmark not defined."

I understand the error message, BUT I want to take an image of the Table

of
Contents (as it shows in teh 250 page document), and insert it into the

new
26 page document - without the error messages.

How do I do this?

Steve

Copy Word TOC into a document with less pages garfield-n-odie Microsoft Word Help 0 November 10th 05 12:29 AM
how do i set up template in vbeditor without proggramming language ARRRGH New Users 4 October 1st 05 03:19 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
creating forms Fluffypink Microsoft Word Help 4 March 9th 05 04:17 PM