MarieJ

Default "Saving the Autorecovery file is postponed for normal.dot"

Can anyone tell me why this message appears randomly? Is there any way to
"turn off" this message?

TIA MarieJ
garfield-n-odie

In Word, you can turn off the autorecovery function by clicking
on Tools | Options | Save | uncheck the "Save AutoRecover info
every:" box | OK. See
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm for an explanation
of why the autorecovery function probably doesn't do what you
think it does anyway.

You might get this error message if your sharing one Normal.dot
template among multiple users (a Very Bad Idea). See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811468 "You cannot share the
Normal.dot file among multiple users in Word".

You might get this error message if your user profile doesn't
have sufficient permissions to the folder where the Normal.dot
file is saved. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=174162
"WD97: Windows NT 4.0: 'Saving the AutoRecovery File Is
Postponed'" for a general explanation.

MarieJ wrote:

Can anyone tell me why this message appears randomly? Is there any way to
"turn off" this message?

TIA MarieJ

MarieJ

Thx! We need to leave autorecovery on. Sounds like the second option is
probably what happens. We don't share normal.dot between people, but we
have a software package that opens multiple sessions of Word - sometimes up
to 4 or 5 winword.exe's will show up in the Processes list. So sounds like
maybe those extra sessions don't close and that would keep normal.dot not
available. Sound right?

MarieJ