Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
WebColin

Default Can I copy formatting from a template to many docs?

Or maybe someone can suggest an alternative solution. Here's my situation:

I have several large documents with many sections each. They are set up
correctly using styles for most formatting (headings, normal text, etc.). I
want to reformat all of them to use the styles and layout I've created in a
separate template document. Specifically, I want to replace the page layouts
(margins), and paragraph styles (normal, headings, etc.) with the ones I've
created in the template.

I'm hoping I can just copy the styles from the template doc over to each of
these documents. What I don't want to do, because it will be a lot of work,
is copy the text over, piece by piece, and paste it into my new template
doc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Colin