Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Julie

Default would like a recommendation or ideas

hi

I've got a client who use word for book creation i.e. User books which
demand TOC, indexes, chapter creation leading to putting the whole book
together. Master/Sub documents do not work for them in consolidating all
elements of the book. They've had someone create a few macros for them to
automate parts of the work but will soon not have access to that person.

A company I used to work for had developed a custom version of word that
automated everything. Unfortunately it is supported only up to word 97
version - it would have been perfect for them.

Can anyone recommend an off-the-shelf custom version of word that would
automate long document creation without the user having to create all of the
code?

thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Hi Julie:

There are a variety of off-the-shelf products. One I am prepared to
recommend is RoboHelp. However, the sort of user who would need RoboHelp to
do this for them will find RoboHelp too complex to learn.

I (and several of the other MVPs here) actually sell commercial solutions
that do this, customised to the needs of each individual customer. If you
would like more detail, please send me an email. It is not appropriate for
me to be "advertising" in this newsgroup :-)

Cheers

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 4 1209 1410