Posted to microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
T. Wise

Default Draw one box around 4 columns?

I have a document that consists of one landscape page with four vertical
columns. I would like to draw a box around the document. In Word 2003 if I
go into Format/Borders & Shading and create a border, it creates 4 boxes:
one around each column.

How do I get one box that will go around all four columns?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Herb Tyson [MVP]

How are the columns created? Snaking/newspaper columns?

If the four columns are all that's on a given page, you could use a Page
Border.

If the page contains other stuff, you can create a graphical border using
Word's drawing tools. To keep from getting confused, choose Tools -
Options - General, and turn off the Automatically create drawing canvas
option. Right-click any toolbar and choose Drawing. Click the Rectangle
tool, and draw a rectangle around the columns. If it covers the text up,
right-click on the rectangle and choose "Send behind text". You probably
also want to format the box's fill color (Format Autoshape - Colors and
Lines) as No Fill.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com