Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terri

Default Can I change the maximum number of tabs allowed within a paragraph

I am working on a form that has MANY tab settings. I have reach the maximum
allowed and need to enter 8 more. Is there anyway to change this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What makes you think there is a maximum allowed?

"Terri" wrote in message
I am working on a form that has MANY tab settings. I have reach the

maximum
allowed and need to enter 8 more. Is there anyway to change this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terri

I received a prompt that stated "There are too many tab stops set in this
paragraph".

"Terri" wrote:

I am working on a form that has MANY tab settings. I have reach the maximum
allowed and need to enter 8 more. Is there anyway to change this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

As far as I know you're limited to a maximum of 64 (same limit as columns in
a table).

On a maximum page width of 22" that's approximately 3 per inch all the way
across. Do you really need more than that? What are you doing? With a bit
of trial and error I'm sure you could arrange to use some spaces in
appropriate font sizes to do the extra alignments.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Terri" wrote in message
I am working on a form that has MANY tab settings. I have reach the

maximum
allowed and need to enter 8 more. Is there anyway to change this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And keep in mind that you don't need to have tab stops at regular
intervals--only where you actually want tabs to stop; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm

"Terri" wrote in message
I am working on a form that has MANY tab settings. I have reach the

maximum
allowed and need to enter 8 more. Is there anyway to change this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terri

Default Can I change the maximum number of tabs allowed within a parag

Thanks for your help - I am going to have to break up the form into two pages.