Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe

Default Creating forms

I have created several forms and placed text fields and dropdowns for
editable fields. My problem is I am not able to lock the uneditable text so
it keeps shifting everytime someone goes into fill out text boxes on the
form. There is adequate space to support the number of characters I've
limited the text boxes to without shifting the text. Hope someone can provide
solution. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tia Nevitt

There is a lock button on the forms toolbar. On older versions of word, it
looks like a locked padlock. (I am not at my word 2003 computer so I don't
know offhand what the button looks like on that version) Just lock it, then
save the document with it locked. When users open the document, they will
only be able to enter text into text fields and select from your dropdowns.
Of course, the user will be able to unlock it, but they probably won't.