Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
harlemnocturn

Default Save Command Problems

I cannot open and close Word documents even when I have made no changes or
after I have already initiated the Save command. The decision box to Save
Changes? always opens up. Now it takes too long to close a document. I
don't know what happened to alter this default, as I had to deal with other
alterations to Word where automatic features I took for granted no longer
word, such as automatic current date insertion and typing active email links.
What can I do to restore the previous Save and Close actions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Try Word troubleshooting:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"harlemnocturn" wrote in message
I cannot open and close Word documents even when I have made no changes or
after I have already initiated the Save command. The decision box to Save
Changes? always opens up. Now it takes too long to close a document. I
don't know what happened to alter this default, as I had to deal with
other
alterations to Word where automatic features I took for granted no longer
word, such as automatic current date insertion and typing active email
links.
What can I do to restore the previous Save and Close actions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
harlemnocturn

Ms. Troy

Thanks. I just did Detect and Repair. If necessary I will try other
options afforded me by this link.

Louis