Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Hunt

Default Part of Outline Numbering Bold and Part not Bold

Sorry for the strange title. Working on True or False questions in a Word
2003 template. Would like to write true or false before each question
followed by 1,2,3 and so on. I made true or false part of the outline
number but is there a way I can make true or false bold while the number is
not bold? Thank you.

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Hunt

Sorry but does anyone have any ideas about this formatting I want to apply?
Thank you again.

Gary
"Gary Hunt" wrote in message
Sorry for the strange title. Working on True or False questions in a Word
2003 template. Would like to write true or false before each question
followed by 1,2,3 and so on. I made true or false part of the outline
number but is there a way I can make true or false bold while the number
is not bold? Thank you.

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Is there some special reason that you need the "true or false" to
be part of the outline number? If you just need to write true or
false in front of each numbered question, then you can:
1. Create a two-column table (Table-Insert-Table). Allow
one row for each question (e.g., if you have 20 questions, then
make a two-column by 20-row table).
2. Write true or false in the first row of the first column,
format as bold, and copy and paste to the remaining rows in the
first column.
3. Write the questions in the second column. Select the text
in the second column and apply outline numbering.
4. If desired, turn off table border lines by selecting the
table and clicking on Format | Borders and Shading | Borders |
Setting: None | OK.

"Gary Hunt" wrote in message

Sorry for the strange title. Working on True or False questions in a Word
2003 template. Would like to write true or false before each question
followed by 1,2,3 and so on. I made true or false part of the outline
number but is there a way I can make true or false bold while the number
is not bold? Thank you.

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Hunt

Thanks, Suzanne. I guess I can set up a Seq field routine then if I
continue along this line.

Gary
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't think there's any way to do what you require with auto numbering.

so
all may benefit.