Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bb

Default How do I add TM Symbol?

How do I add the trademark symbol to a word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Enter "(tm)" - without the quotes - and it will be autocorrected to a
superscripted TM.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"bb" wrote in message
How do I add the trademark symbol to a word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

My pleasure!

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"bb" wrote in message
thanks Tony

Brenda

"bb" wrote in message
How do I add the trademark symbol to a word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Have a look under Tools AutoCorrect. There should be an entry - the third
one in the list and immediately visible by default for (tm).

If it's not there, type a superscripted TM somewhere in your document,
select it and then go back to Tools AutoCorrect. The superscripted TM will
appear under "With:". Under "Replace:" enter (tm) (or anything else you want
to use) and click on Add.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"bb" wrote in message
How do I add the trademark symbol to a word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

How about the parentheses. You must type

(tm)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"bb" wrote in message
How do I add the trademark symbol to a word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Thank you Suzanne; I hadn't even thought about that.

In that case, Brenda, to set up an autocorrect for it, you should enter the
correct code in the replace with box. Rather than typing in the document
first - put your cursor in the replace with box and type 2122 and then press
Alt+X (Word 2002/2003) or press and hold Alt while you type 8482 on the
numeric keypad (All versions).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The default AutoCorrect entry, however, uses Unicode character 2122 rather
than superscripted TM.

so
all may benefit.