Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alan from down under

Default printer problems

I am using xp pro and word 2003 .I am hooked to hewlett/packard deskjet 840 c
printer, and correct drivers are installed , I can print photos from my
documents????the printer is working fine,, but when using word document it
fails to print,, the printer functions but the paper is blank.. I have
bypassed the scanner,, and connections are ok ,,,can anyone help me i am
going nuts?????alan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alan from down under

this applies to new documents, if i type a page it fails to print out
the printer will print a test page and i can print out a page in my
documents that i set up 10 days ago but nothing i am doing at the moment,

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

All documents or just one specific one?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"alan from down under" alan from down
wrote in message ...
I am using xp pro and word 2003 .I am hooked to hewlett/packard deskjet 840
printer, and correct drivers are installed , I can print photos from my
documents????the printer is working fine,, but when using word document
it
fails to print,, the printer functions but the paper is blank.. I have
bypassed the scanner,, and connections are ok ,,,can anyone help me i am
going nuts?????alan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Have you done a print preview? Can you see the text there? If not, I suspect
your text is coming in as hidden. Let me know what a print preview shows you
and then we'll take it from there.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"alan from down under" wrote
in message ...

wrote in message
I am using xp pro and word 2003 .I am hooked to hewlett/packard deskjet
840
printer, and correct drivers are installed , I can print photos from my
documents????the printer is working fine,, but when using word document
it
fails to print,, the printer functions but the paper is blank.. I have
bypassed the scanner,, and connections are ok ,,,can anyone help me i
am
going nuts?????alan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alan from down under

problem solved went to my printer then into preferences and found send to
printer unclicked ,how it came unclicked is a mystery,????