Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sina

Default How can I make a fraction out of equation editor ?

Hello , I use MS Word 2003 in Iran . And I want to make a fraction in a text
with persian sentences in top and bottom of fraction .I like to know How I
can make it . In Equation Editor I can't type in persian .

Thank you
Sina
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews

On 15-Jan-2006, sina wrote:

Hello , I use MS Word 2003 in Iran . And I want to make a fraction in
a text with persian sentences in top and bottom of fraction .I like to
know How I can make it . In Equation Editor I can't type in persian .

Sina, the key is to set your Equation Editor Text Style to the Persian font.
With Equation Editor open, click on the Style menu, then click on Define.
Change Text to whatever font you want, then click OK. Now when you click on
the fraction template, switch to Text Style by clicking on the Style menu,
then click on Text. I'm not 100% sure that will work with non-Western fonts,
but if it doesn't work, nothing will.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training