Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jawid

Default print comments in word as numbered items at bottom of the page?

All, I want to do is to able to print comments in a Word Document as a
numbered item at end of the document at the bottom of the page?
And not in those silly balloons that appear on the side with a line tracing
to where you you want the comment to appear
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

You can switch off balloons.

Tools Options Track Changes tab. Set "Use Balloons" to "Never".

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"jawid" wrote in message
All, I want to do is to able to print comments in a Word Document as a
numbered item at end of the document at the bottom of the page?
And not in those silly balloons that appear on the side with a line

tracing
to where you you want the comment to appear

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jawid

Hi Tony
I tried switching off the balloons. The result was no comments at all.

What I am trying to acheive is have printed on the printed copy, a number at
the printed site to denote where in the text body that note relates to the
comment at the end of the page with an identical number.
Any further advice would be greatley appreciated
regartds

"jawid" wrote in message
All, I want to do is to able to print comments in a Word Document as a
numbered item at end of the document at the bottom of the page?
And not in those silly balloons that appear on the side with a line

tracing
to where you you want the comment to appear

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jawid

Hi Tony

Your has given me what I am seeking to do. But begs the question as to why
previously this was a facility of 'comments' in 'word' and is now longer?

Regards

"jawid" wrote in message
All, I want to do is to able to print comments in a Word Document as a
numbered item at end of the document at the bottom of the page?
And not in those silly balloons that appear on the side with a line
tracing
to where you you want the comment to appear

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Indeed it does! There are many here more knowledgeable than I who may be
able to answer it, but I can't! Sorry.

You can (still) print comments by themselves but, as far as I know, not with
the document.

--
Enjoy,
Tony