Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Hannab2005

Default When mailmerging Date of Birth it automatically defaults to US for

How do I stop my mail merge from automatically changing any dates of birth to
the US format (11/26/85 instead of 26/11/85) Please help!

Hannah
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Use a formatting switch - http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Hannab2005 wrote:
How do I stop my mail merge from automatically changing any dates of
birth to the US format (11/26/85 instead of 26/11/85) Please help!

Hannah

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
hannab2005

Default When mailmerging Date of Birth it automatically defaults to US

Ok to me it is all gibberish, Is there a simple way of setting this up? I am
not a programmer, all the information provided unfortunatly did not help me
as I did not understand what needed to be done. Thank you anyway.

Hannab2005 wrote:
How do I stop my mail merge from automatically changing any dates of
birth to the US format (11/26/85 instead of 26/11/85) Please help!

Hannah

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the "Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"hannab2005" wrote in message
Ok to me it is all gibberish, Is there a simple way of setting this up? I
am
not a programmer, all the information provided unfortunatly did not help
me
as I did not understand what needed to be done. Thank you anyway.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Use a formatting switch -

Hannab2005 wrote:
How do I stop my mail merge from automatically changing any dates of
birth to the US format (11/26/85 instead of 26/11/85) Please help!

Hannah

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

With your cusror in the offending field, right click and toggle field codes.
The field will change from something like
mydate to {Mergefield Mydate}
Before the final bracket add the switch eg

{Mergefield Mydate \@ "dd/MM/yy"}
With the cursor still in the field, press F9 and the field will update and
revert to the previous display and your date should be corrected.

This is not programming nor rocket science, but the basic tools of mail
merge.

hannab2005 wrote:
Ok to me it is all gibberish, Is there a simple way of setting this
up? I am not a programmer, all the information provided unfortunatly
did not help me as I did not understand what needed to be done.
Thank you anyway.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Use a formatting switch -

Hannab2005 wrote:
How do I stop my mail merge from automatically changing any dates of
birth to the US format (11/26/85 instead of 26/11/85) Please help!

Hannah

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
hannab2005

Thank you very much, I will definitely be using this often enough!

hannab2005 wrote:
Ok to me it is all gibberish, Is there a simple way of setting this
up? I am not a programmer, all the information provided unfortunatly
did not help me as I did not understand what needed to be done.
Thank you anyway.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Use a formatting switch -