Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michele

Default Lining up by the decimal point in a table of merged fields

We are trying to create a table which has mutliple conditions set in (incl
suppression), but the end results we want to line up by the decimal points.
For example:
$X,XXX.XX
$X,XXX
$XX,XXX
$XX,XXX.XX

Sometimes the merge fields will contain the cents, but most of the time it
will just be an even dollar amount, and no, we cannot put in $X,XXX.00. The
client refuses. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Michele
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne Troy

Format your merge fields with decimal tabs.

i.e., on a right-aligned paragraph:

tabcharacter mergefield
You'll want to format your merge fields to all show decimals, I assume:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Michele" wrote in message
We are trying to create a table which has mutliple conditions set in (incl
suppression), but the end results we want to line up by the decimal
points.
For example:
$X,XXX.XX
$X,XXX
$XX,XXX
$XX,XXX.XX

Sometimes the merge fields will contain the cents, but most of the time it
will just be an even dollar amount, and no, we cannot put in $X,XXX.00.
The
client refuses. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Michele

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michele

Sounds great, but I don't know what a decimal tab is. Can you help me out
with how we would go about setting up one? And is it possible in a table?
Everything is listed in a 3-column, 1-row table. So in the end it's supposed
to look like this:

2005 Salary: $135,000
Bonus Opportunity: $40,500.50
2006 Salary: $148,500
Total Compensation: $189,000.50

Thanks!
Michele

"Michele" wrote in message
We are trying to create a table which has mutliple conditions set in (incl
suppression), but the end results we want to line up by the decimal
points.
For example:
$X,XXX.XX
$X,XXX
$XX,XXX
$XX,XXX.XX

Sometimes the merge fields will contain the cents, but most of the time it
will just be an even dollar amount, and no, we cannot put in $X,XXX.00.
The
client refuses. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Michele

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne Troy

Yep. Even easier in a table. In front of the $135,000... put a tab (Ctrl+tab
to insert a tab inside a table). Select all the cells like that one.
Right-align the paragraph (just click right-align). Make sure you check out
the article on editing your form fields so that you get $135,000.00 instead
of $135,000. I made you a sample file he
http://www.officearticles.com/downlo...alignmerge.zip
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com