Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Attach document to the e-mail

Hi:

Is there any way that I can attach a document to the e-mail merge?

So, I have the body, but before sending I want to attach?!

Thanks,

Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

See the article prepared by fellow MVP Doug Robbins at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

D wrote:
Hi:

Is there any way that I can attach a document to the e-mail merge?

So, I have the body, but before sending I want to attach?!

Thanks,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Thanks Graham!

Outlook is checked but I get 'User defined type not defined' onim
oOutlookApp As Outlook.Application

Thanks,

Dan

D wrote:
Hi:

Is there any way that I can attach a document to the e-mail merge?

So, I have the body, but before sending I want to attach?!

Thanks,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Check again and make sure that it is checked.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

D wrote:
Hi:

Is there any way that I can attach a document to the e-mail merge?

So, I have the body, but before sending I want to attach?!

Thanks,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

So you have got past the compile error "User type not defined"?

To give you any help, you will need to explain in more detail what you have
done.

--

D wrote:
Hi:

Is there any way that I can attach a document to the e-mail merge?

So, I have the body, but before sending I want to attach?!

Thanks,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hi Doug:

Yes, the compile error is passed; With the main document open, that will be
in the e-mail body, I am clicking in the run macro - your code - it brings me
to the open/ look in, dialog box, I click the name of the file that I want to
attach and then is running/looping? for ever.

Thanks again for the help!

Dan

D wrote:
Hi:

Is there any way that I can attach a document to the e-mail merge?

So, I have the body, but before sending I want to attach?!

Thanks,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You have misread the instructions. It is the document created by executing
the catalog or directory type mailmerge main document that you need to
select when the File Open dialog appears. Please read the instructions
again very carefully and follow them exactly.

--

D wrote:
Hi:

Is there any way that I can attach a document to the e-mail
merge?

So, I have the body, but before sending I want to attach?!

Thanks,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sorry Doug! still, now is running, it stopped but does not send the email...

I do not know what is the "document created by executing the catalog"

I have 3 docs:

Th e-mail body
The Directory
The attachment.

I am missing the order of execution?

Thanks,

Dan

D wrote:
Hi:

Is there any way that I can attach a document to the e-mail
merge?

So, I have the body, but before sending I want to attach?!

Thanks,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

THANK YOU DOUG!; I GOT IT NOW!!

Thanks,

Dan

Order:

With the Directory opened, run macro, click the doc. email body when the
open box appears.

Thanks,

Dan