Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Me

Default Mail Merged Field Codes

I am attempting to merge a SSN field from an Excel document into a Word
document. I understand I have to edit the mergefield to get the formatting I
want, but the attempts I have tried, haven't worked.

For example, I edited the mergefield with \# "###-##-####" This separated
the numbers in groups like I wanted, but the dashes are missing. Basically,
my question is how do I get dashes to appear in a mergefield?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Put a single quote either side of the dashes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP