Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
a_ryan1972

Default Future Date

Hi, I have a mail merge with about 2000 records. I'm automatically inserting
the current date at the top of the letter. Further down, I have to insert a
date that is 10 days from the automatically created current date. How can I
do this? I've read some of the other posts and followed the links to the
websites, but I don't understand how much I need to change.

Please help.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

What is the data source. It might be far easier to set up a dynamic field
there (if it's Excel or Access), than to do this with Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"a_ryan1972" wrote in message
Hi, I have a mail merge with about 2000 records. I'm automatically
inserting
the current date at the top of the letter. Further down, I have to insert
date that is 10 days from the automatically created current date. How can
do this? I've read some of the other posts and followed the links to the
websites, but I don't understand how much I need to change.

Please help.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

You need to add a calculation date field. This is more complex than you
might imagine, but it can be done. See
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields2.htm for information on the different
kinds of ways to make a date calculation work. It includes links to pages
with fields and an explanation of different macros that can be used instead
of fields. If you don't want to write such a field yourself (who would?)
borrow and tweak one or use Chris Woodman's Add-In.
http://www.chriswoodman.co.uk/Delayed%20Dates.htm

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"a_ryan1972" wrote in message
Hi, I have a mail merge with about 2000 records. I'm automatically
inserting
the current date at the top of the letter. Further down, I have to insert
date that is 10 days from the automatically created current date. How can
do this? I've read some of the other posts and followed the links to the
websites, but I don't understand how much I need to change.

Please help.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Or you could copy the sample date calculation field from Macropod's document
at
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902 and change the delay
to 10.

When you see the construction below you will see why you need to copy it -
or use Excel to do the job

{QUOTE{SET Delay 10}{SET a{=INT((14-{DATE \@ M})/12)}}{SET b{={DATE \@
yyyy}+4800-a}}{SET c{={DATE \@ M}+12*a-3}}{SET d{DATE \@ d}}{SET
jd{=d+INT((153*c+2)/5)+365*b+INT(b/4)-INT(b/100)+INT(b/400)-32045+Delay}}{SET
e{=INT((4*(jd+32044)+3)/146097)}}{SET f{=jd+32044-INT(146097*e/4)}}{SET
g{=INT((4*f+3)/1461)}}{SET h{=f-INT(1461*g/4)}}{SET
i{=INT((5*h+2)/153)}}{SET dd{=h-INT((153*i+2)/5)+1}}{SET
mm{=i+3-12*INT(i/10)}}{SET yy{=100*e+g-4800+INT(i/10)}}{=dd*10^6+mm*10^4+yy
\# "00'-'00'-'0000"} \@ "dddd, d MMMM yyyy"}