Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
C Behr

Default Is it possible to leave blank fields in a merged document?

I want to merge a document, i have all the usual codes for address and so on
for my letter, but want to be able to edit the merged document by jumping to
field codes using F11 as with a normal blank field code, but they disappear
when i merge the document. How can i make them stay blank?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

If you merge the document with the data the fields are replaced by the data.
It sounds like you need an on-line form instead.