Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jodashann

Default Mail Merge Labels

Is it possible to merge labels vertically instead of horizontally? We make
name labels and we'd like to cut the 3 columns (5160 labels) into strips.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I am not sure whether you mean that you want to rotate the text on each
label (which you can in later versions of Word by right clicking and
selecting Text direction) or that you want the labels to be arranged down
the columns and then across rather than across and then down for which you
can use the following macro

' Macro to assign numbers to data source so that it can be sorted to cause
labels to print down columns
Dim Message, Title, Default, labelrows, labelcolumns, i As Integer, j As
Integer, k As Integer
Message = "Enter the number of labels in a row" ' Set prompt.
Title = "Labels per Row" ' Set title.
Default = "3" ' Set default.
' Display message, title, and default value.
labelcolumns = InputBox(Message, Title, Default)
Message = "Enter the number of labels in a column" ' Set prompt.
Title = "Labels per column" ' Set title.
Default = "5" ' Set default.
labelrows = InputBox(Message, Title, Default)
ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Columns.Add
BeforeColumn:=ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Columns(1)
ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Rows(1).Range.Cut
k = 1
For i = 1 To ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Rows.Count - labelcolumns
For j = 1 To labelrows
ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Cell(i, 1).Range.InsertBefore k + (j - 1) *
labelcolumns
i = i + 1
Next j
k = k + 1
i = i - 1
If k Mod labelcolumns = 1 Then k = k - labelcolumns + labelcolumns *
labelrows
Next i
ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Sort FieldNumber:="Column 1"
ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Rows(1).Select
Selection.Paste
ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Columns(1).Delete.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP