Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gwendolyn

Default Mail Merge Word 2003 Excel 2003 database

When I try to mail merge an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into a Word 2003 document,
only the first 90 out of 156 records are available. In fact I copied the
second half of the Excel file and did a second merge. I got all the records
but the data was mixed up in the Word document. I have had success with mail
merge using alternate databases.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R3dlbmRvbHlu?=,

When I try to mail merge an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into a Word 2003 document,
only the first 90 out of 156 records are available. In fact I copied the
second half of the Excel file and did a second merge. I got all the records
but the data was mixed up in the Word document. I have had success with mail
merge using alternate databases.

When this kind of thing occurs, it's usually either a problem in the Excel data
structures OR the Word document structures. If your test with alternate
databases (including an Excel workbook) was successful, then the problem is
likely in the Excel data structures. You could try copy/paste into a Word table,
then copy/paste back into a new Excel workbook. Or export the Excel data to a
delimited text file, then import it back into a new Excel workbook.

If your test merges were not with the original Word document, then the problem
could still be in the Word document. Try copying all but the last paragraph mark
into a new Word document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org