Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Philippe

Default e-mail merge using Word and Outlook

Hello,

I used Word to create an e-mail to be merged and sent to a specific list of
e-mail address. the creation did not create any trouble. However, when
sending, I had to confirm that i allowed a 3rd party application to send an
e-mail for each of the e-mail sent (I even had to wait 5 secs between each of
the confirmation). This went ok, as I had only 17 emails to send, but I
cannot imagine if I had 100 or even more...

Is there a way I can set Outlook, or Word, so that it will bypass this
warning and let me send the e-mails in one go?

Thanks

Philippe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Try the utility mentioned near thebeginning of the following article:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

Peter Jamieson

"Philippe" wrote in message
Hello,

I used Word to create an e-mail to be merged and sent to a specific list
of
e-mail address. the creation did not create any trouble. However, when
sending, I had to confirm that i allowed a 3rd party application to send
an
e-mail for each of the e-mail sent (I even had to wait 5 secs between each
of
the confirmation). This went ok, as I had only 17 emails to send, but I
cannot imagine if I had 100 or even more...

Is there a way I can set Outlook, or Word, so that it will bypass this
warning and let me send the e-mails in one go?

Thanks

Philippe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Philippe

Thanks for this. Yes this may work... but I am not really willing to install
a new piece of sotware that may have incidence on the security of my pc...

I must admit that I am pretty surprise that Microsoft developed a merging
functionality to e-mail, and that they afterwards made it unusable with some
security feature... This really makes no sense.

Best regards,

Philippe

"Philippe" wrote in message
Hello,

I used Word to create an e-mail to be merged and sent to a specific list
of
e-mail address. the creation did not create any trouble. However, when
sending, I had to confirm that i allowed a 3rd party application to send
an
e-mail for each of the e-mail sent (I even had to wait 5 secs between each
of
the confirmation). This went ok, as I had only 17 emails to send, but I
cannot imagine if I had 100 or even more...

Is there a way I can set Outlook, or Word, so that it will bypass this
warning and let me send the e-mails in one go?

Thanks

Philippe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

I must admit that I am pretty surprise that Microsoft developed a merging
functionality to e-mail, and that they afterwards made it unusable with
some
security feature

You are not alone. It's like the Maginot Line.

But there you go.

Peter Jamieson

"Philippe" wrote in message
Hello,

I used Word to create an e-mail to be merged and sent to a specific
list
of
e-mail address. the creation did not create any trouble. However, when
sending, I had to confirm that i allowed a 3rd party application to
send
an
e-mail for each of the e-mail sent (I even had to wait 5 secs between
each
of
the confirmation). This went ok, as I had only 17 emails to send, but I
cannot imagine if I had 100 or even more...

Is there a way I can set Outlook, or Word, so that it will bypass this
warning and let me send the e-mails in one go?

Thanks

Philippe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Blame the spam kiddies. (being polite)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Philippe" wrote in message
Hello,

I used Word to create an e-mail to be merged and sent to a specific
list
of
e-mail address. the creation did not create any trouble. However, when
sending, I had to confirm that i allowed a 3rd party application to
send
an
e-mail for each of the e-mail sent (I even had to wait 5 secs between
each
of
the confirmation). This went ok, as I had only 17 emails to send, but I
cannot imagine if I had 100 or even more...

Is there a way I can set Outlook, or Word, so that it will bypass this
warning and let me send the e-mails in one go?

Thanks

Philippe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

The ClickYes utility (available also from the downloads page of my web site)
does not have to be present all the time - only when you are running the
merge. You can set it to load in suspended mode and activate it as required
(if you do lots of merges) or you can load it as required and exit from it
when not required if you rarely merge to e-mail. Any impact on your security
will be minimal. Without it your finger is going to get very tired clicking
'OK'.
As others have said we have the parasites to blame for this.

Philippe wrote:
Thanks for this. Yes this may work... but I am not really willing to
install a new piece of software that may have incidence on the