Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sean

Default Page Breaks in Tables with Varying Number of Columns

I have a table with various numbers of columns within it at different points
in the table. It appears that the page breaks are inserted at the point of
the number of columns changing rather than at the natural page break point.

Has anyone else experienced this and hopefully have a work around?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil

Sean was telling us:
Sean nous racontait que :

I have a table with various numbers of columns within it at different
points in the table. It appears that the page breaks are inserted at
the point of the number of columns changing rather than at the
natural page break point.

Has anyone else experienced this and hopefully have a work around?

What is the setting for "Allow row to break across pages" (Table Properties
Row tab)?

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sean

Apologies if I wasn't clear, I'm not refering to an individual row being
split across a page, this is where multiple rows may be forced to the next
page following a change in the number of columns in the table, sometimes
leaving the majority of the previous page blank. I'm trying to set up a
simple test case to demonstrate this as I feel it may have something to do
with the style settings, but I believe the styles are the same across the
table.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Sean was telling us:
Sean nous racontait que :

I have a table with various numbers of columns within it at different
points in the table. It appears that the page breaks are inserted at
the point of the number of columns changing rather than at the
natural page break point.

Has anyone else experienced this and hopefully have a work around?

What is the setting for "Allow row to break across pages" (Table Properties
Row tab)?

--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil

Sean was telling us:
Sean nous racontait que :

Apologies if I wasn't clear, I'm not refering to an individual row
being split across a page, this is where multiple rows may be forced
to the next page following a change in the number of columns in the
table, sometimes leaving the majority of the previous page blank.
I'm trying to set up a simple test case to demonstrate this as I feel
it may have something to do with the style settings, but I believe
the styles are the same across the table.

I still do not understand.
Adding columns will not affect the row distribution, unless you have merged
cells.
In whish case you have to look at space before/after paragraphs, line
spacing, keep with next and/or widow/orphan line settings (paragraph
format); or rows allowed to break or not or automatically adjust cells to
fit content (Table properties).

--
Salut!