Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lely

Default Mail merge and blank fields

**** My spacing gets distorted when I have blank fields in my mail merge
document, *****
I created a mail merge document, to be used on a preprinted form, with
additionals fields in case we have information to be inputted. After these
fields I have a "date" field that I need to print in a precise place at the
bottom of the preprinted form. Sometimes we might use one or two or none of
these fields, and still have the "date" print in the exact location. The is
spacing gets distorted by the amount of the blank fields I don't use.
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Set up the main document as a borderless table (Ctrl+Alt+u) with fixed cell
dimensions, and arranged so that the "date" field is in the right place.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lely" u18575@uwe wrote in message news:5ba0d76ba7abb@uwe...
**** My spacing gets distorted when I have blank fields in my mail merge
document, *****
I created a mail merge document, to be used on a preprinted form, with
additionals fields in case we have information to be inputted. After these
fields I have a "date" field that I need to print in a precise place at
the
bottom of the preprinted form. Sometimes we might use one or two or none
of
these fields, and still have the "date" print in the exact location. The
is
spacing gets distorted by the amount of the blank fields I don't use.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lely via OfficeKB.com

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Set up the main document as a borderless table (Ctrl+Alt+u) with fixed cell
dimensions, and arranged so that the "date" field is in the right place.

**** My spacing gets distorted when I have blank fields in my mail merge
document, *****

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
spacing gets distorted by the amount of the blank fields I don't use.
Thank you.

Thank you so much. I had not thought of that. Thank you for your time to
answer. much appreciated. Regards, Lely