Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
barbb

Default enlarge a number to 1/2 page size

I need to make a few numbers for a display...each needs to fit 1/2 sheet of 8
1/2" by 11" paper..THanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Change your font size by clicking the *number* that appears in the Font Size
list window (not by opening the list) & type the value you want to use, press
Enter. Depending on top & bottom margin settings, ~280 ought to do it.

HTH |:)

"barbb" wrote:

I need to make a few numbers for a display...each needs to fit 1/2 sheet of 8
1/2" by 11" paper..THanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Close, but not exactly... in fact, it can vary more than you may think.

The point size specifies the range that the characters must fit within,
measuring from the tallest ascender to the lowest descender in the font. It
is entirely possible (in fact, probable) that type set to 72 points will not
contain _any_ characters 1" in height. But the 72 pts = 1" conversion is
accurate

Regards |:)