Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tboz

Default Word 2000 doesn't show image. XP and 2003 do...

I have a picture on a word document that shows up just fine in word 2003 and
XP, but in word 2000 it is just a box with the red x... I have cleaned the
machine up, re installed office 2000 and still no luck... Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VGJveg==?=,

I have a picture on a word document that shows up just fine in word 2003 and
XP, but in word 2000 it is just a box with the red x... I have cleaned the
machine up, re installed office 2000 and still no luck... Any ideas?

Try saving the document (in one of the later Word versions) to HTML (as a web
page) and RTF. See if Word 2000 can successfully open and load the pictures
from either of these formats?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tboz

Cindy,
Thanks for making an effort since nobody else has. That didn't work
either. I did both .rtf sav as options and neiter worked. This is a picture
within a footer so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Taylor

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?VGJveg==?=,

I have a picture on a word document that shows up just fine in word 2003 and
XP, but in word 2000 it is just a box with the red x... I have cleaned the
machine up, re installed office 2000 and still no luck... Any ideas?

Try saving the document (in one of the later Word versions) to HTML (as a web
page) and RTF. See if Word 2000 can successfully open and load the pictures
from either of these formats?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Taylor,

I did both .rtf sav as options and neiter worked. This is a picture
within a footer so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Mmmm. About the only other thing I can imagine is that Word 2000 doesn't "like" the
graphics format. Do you still have the original of the picture? What kind of
graphics file is it?

If you send the graphics file along as a separate file can the people with Word
2000 use Insert/Picture to bring it into the document successfully?

I have a picture on a word document that shows up just fine in word 2003 and
XP, but in word 2000 it is just a box with the red x... I have cleaned the
machine up, re installed office 2000 and still no luck... Any ideas?

Try saving the document (in one of the later Word versions) to HTML (as a web
page) and RTF. See if Word 2000 can successfully open and load the pictures
from either of these formats?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)