Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VlnChemE

Default Make caption from selected text on one line

Does anybody know how to make a caption only on selected text from one line
without including the entire line in the caption? i.e.

Figure 1: This is my figure. Isn't it pretty.

The normal way (in the list of figures) will give:

Figure 1: This is my figure. Isn't it pretty.

I want it to be (in the list of figures):

Figure 1: This is my figure.

without breaking the line in the caption. I would appreciate any
assistance. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VlnChemE

Thank you, this worked. It would be nicer if MS would make this inherint in
word without having to use a workaround, but that's the way it is.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RunInSidehead.htm

"VlnChemE" wrote in message
news
Does anybody know how to make a caption only on selected text from one

line
without including the entire line in the caption? i.e.

Figure 1: This is my figure. Isn't it pretty.

The normal way (in the list of figures) will give:

Figure 1: This is my figure. Isn't it pretty.

I want it to be (in the list of figures):

Figure 1: This is my figure.

without breaking the line in the caption. I would appreciate any
assistance. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, recent versions of Word do include the style separator.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RunInSidehead.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.