Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wendy

Default How do I restore the file dropdown menu to the command bar

Word

I need help on how to restore the word " File" and its dropwdown meu back
onto the caommand line in word.

It was on the left of the Edit dropdown menu and has dissappear which is
causing me problems.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi Wendy,

Choose Tools | Customize | tab Toolbars.
Select the Menu Bar toolbar on this tab.
Click 'Reset...' Be sure to select Normal.dot in the next message.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Wendy" wrote:

Word

I need help on how to restore the word " File" and its dropwdown meu back
onto the caommand line in word.

It was on the left of the Edit dropdown menu and has dissappear which is
causing me problems.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wendy

The file option to the left of the Edit dropdown menu has dissappear

In order to fix the problem, you need to €śrelease€ť the menu bar from the
header line.

To do this, left-click and hold on the dotted line at the end of the tool
bar and drag it onto your document.

Click on the €śToolbar options€ť down arrow at the top right hand corner and
select:

Add or Remove Buttons/ Menu Bar / Reset ToolBar.

You should now see a list of the Toolbar options, re-tick the File option.

To put the Toolbar back where it was, simply click and hold the grey €śMenu
Bar€ť header and drag it on-top of the icons for new file, open file, save etc.

This isolution was givent to me by David Nullmeyrs from Commander Australia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is not necessary to float the menu bar to reset it. Many users have
reported losing commands from their menu bar. Try these fixes (in order):

1. Open Tools | Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select Menu Bar and press
Reset.

2. If that doesn't work, switch to the Commands tab and select Built-in
Menus in the Categories list. In the Commands list, select the appropriate
menu and drag it to the menu bar.

3. If that doesn't work (or the problem recurs on restarting Word), see
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm