Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jauchart

Default Chart labels exceed margin

The labels to my charts ("Figure 1.1"), which I have set above my charts,
print outside the margin limits. My left margin is set at 1.55", but "Figure
1.1" prints at less than 1.5".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SmF1Y2hhcnQ=?=,

The labels to my charts ("Figure 1.1"), which I have set above my charts,
print outside the margin limits. My left margin is set at 1.55", but "Figure
1.1" prints at less than 1.5".

we need more information, starting with the version of Word involved?

Are these charts freely positionable on the page, with text flow formatting, or
do they behave more like a text character? Or have you inserted them into a
table or something like that?

I assume you used Insert/Caption to create the "labels"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)