Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barnaby

Default why does the whole documents get formatted when I bold a single l

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim

Default why does the whole documents get formatted when I bold a singl

If it's not a style issue....

Turn your show/hide button on (so you can see your spaces, tabs, paragraph
marks etc.). Do you see a paragraph mark at the end of every paragraph or do
you see a crooked arrow instead? If you see the arrow, that's a manual line
break and not a paragraph mark. Using line breaks will continue all
formatting. If you center one paragraph, every paragraph centers, if you
bold one paragraph, every paragraph bolds, etc....

do a global replace of all manual line breaks with paragraph marks from
Edit, Replace and make sure you click on the MORE button to pick the manual
line break and paragraph mark.

Hope this helps.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barnaby

Thanks a bunch to both of you. Problem solved and reduced my crippling
dependency on the undo command....