Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Daniela

Default Word Mailmerge/form letter question

I have a form letter that needs to have multipule values imputed. Here is
the example.

Dear Provider:

Quarterly reports are required for participation in the program. We have no
record of having received the following quarterly report(s) from your office
during 2005:

(check box) First quarter: January, February, and March 2005 (due April 15)

(check box) Second quarter: April, May, and June 2005 (due July 15)

(check box) Third quarter: July, August, and September 2005 (due October 15)

(check box) Fourth quarter: October, November, and December 2005 (due
January 15)

If there was nothing given for the quarter, please place zeros in the total
columns and submit the report. As a reminder, please ensure the
attestation statement on each form is signed.

Please submit these report(s) as soon as possible. They may be faxed to
(###) ###-#### or mailed to the following address:

our office address

If you have any questions, please contact me or my secretary at (###)
###-####. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Myself

I have an excel sheet which we have kept track of which quarter report was
returned. There is a Y if returned and the cell is null if not returned. If a
provder is missing more than one i.e 3rd and 4th quarter, how can i make both
of these fields show up? I am able to do the one field when sorting for the
null boxes in one quarter.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Use If...then...Else fields in the mailmerge main document that check for
the value in the quarter fields and inserts the appropriate paragraph is
required.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Daniela" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Daniela

How would i exactally do that, do i put in the unique identifier and then
change it to if or then or else? Sorry i have never done this before so i am
a little lost.

Thanks!

"Daniela" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you want to list each of the quarters and have a checkbox appear before
the relative ones, in the locations in the letter where you presently have
(check box), insert

{ IF { MERGEFIELD nameofmergefieldfromyourdatasource } Y a b }

You can get all of that from the Insert Word Field pulldown in the mail
merge main document and selecting the If...then...Else ...item, then follow
the prompts to select the appropriate mergefield, using the not equal option
and then inserting a and b into the boxes for the result to be displayed.

Then, in the document, press Alt+F9 to toggle on the display of the field
codes and select the 'a', and then from the InsertSymbol menu item, insert
the "checked box" symbol from the Wingdings symbols (254) and in place of
the 'b', insert the "unchecked box" symbol 111

You need to repeat this procedure for each location where you have (check
box)

When you have it all set up, use Alt+F9 again to toggle off the display of
field codes.