Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb

Default sharing shortcuts

I have several users that open files I've created, and I'd like to create
keyboard shortcuts for symbols, so that everyone uses the same symbol when
they make changes and save the file.
Is the shortcut saved with the file, or saved with my computer? How can I
'send and share' my shortcuts?
Thanks....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:40:31 -0800, "Barb"
wrote:

I have several users that open files I've created, and I'd like to create
keyboard shortcuts for symbols, so that everyone uses the same symbol when
they make changes and save the file.
Is the shortcut saved with the file, or saved with my computer? How can I
'send and share' my shortcuts?
Thanks....

Keyboard shortcuts *can* be saved in individual documents, but by
default they're saved in the Normal.dot template which stays on your
computer.

To control where the shortcuts are saved, set the "Save changes in"
dropdown in the Customize Keyboard dialog to the name of the current
document *before* you assign a shortcut.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.