Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
citygirl1

Default lost word doc can't find them, even with a system restore

I had saved files in Word, and now they are lost. Did a system restore to a
previous date and no luck. any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

System restore does not affect data.
Where did you save the files?
Were they opened from e-mail messages, in which case the changes are
probably lost in the temporary file structure of your PC. Otherwise they are
in the documents folder you saved them to.

citygirl1 wrote:
I had saved files in Word, and now they are lost. Did a system
restore to a previous date and no luck. any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Either you didn't save them where you thought (try a search with Windows
Explorer), or you have deleted them and they are in the recycle bin (or not,
for which you'll need file recovery software to recover them). Your efforts
at system restoration may have marred any chance of recovering deleted
files.

Maybe its time to think about backup regimes for the future?

citygirl1 wrote:
I had saved files in Word, and now they are lost. Did a system
restore to a previous date and no luck. any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello,

If the file was accidentally erased you can still restore it using data
recovery tools such as Active@ Undelete or Uneraser(DOS). Their restore
algorithm is migthy indeed, you will find that out yourself.

http://www.active-undelete.com/

http://www.uneraser.com/