Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NW Trax4

Default Printing Business Cards

I am having the same trouble with printing business cards on my HP officejet
5510 &HP psc 2110 as Kellylicious1. When I try to print business cards they
creep up out of the defined area by the 2nd row of cards. I have cleaned the
rollers, experimented w/various paper settings, loaded the card stock with &
without paper underneath it, called Avery (they suggested using "photo paper
matte" for the paper settings per HP's recommendation to them)and yet still
have trouble when printing from a Word doc. What printer, paper type
selections do you suggest?? It would be nice if Microsoft included business
card paper as a printing choice. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NW Trax4

Ya know what? I just spent 1.5 hrs on hp tech support online chat, she had me
configure deskjet 550c, my printer error'd out then of course, our connection
went down!! So, here I sit trying to un-do the tech's instructions and get my
printer back to the way it was. So, I thought hey I'll try it w/the psc
2110...well it pulled reg piece of paper from below the cardstock & printed
the cards on it, out of alignment of course sigh I am going to try & adjust
the top margin to see if it tweaks the doc enough to print correctly...are
all printers like this or just HP's??

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Hey, at least yours are feeding! I have some old die-cut cards from
PaperDirect, and my LJ 4100 refuses to feed them at all, with or without
paper, from either tray, etc. I ended up having to print them on the DJ
6122. sigh

&
without paper underneath it, called Avery (they suggested using "photo

paper
matte" for the paper settings per HP's recommendation to them)and yet

still
have trouble when printing from a Word doc. What printer, paper type
selections do you suggest?? It would be nice if Microsoft included

business
card paper as a printing choice. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Have you inserted a header in normal.dot? Start Word whilst holding the CTRL
key (which will start Word in safe mode). See if it prints correctly on
plain paper without normal.dot. If it does rename normal.dot to
oldnormal.dot and keep out of its header view.

Another thing to check is that the printer and page setup are both set to
the same paper size and that no scaling option is set.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Hey, at least yours are feeding! I have some old die-cut cards from
PaperDirect, and my LJ 4100 refuses to feed them at all, with or
without paper, from either tray, etc. I ended up having to print
them on the DJ 6122. sigh

newsgroup so all may benefit.