Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ross

Default Mailmerge stoped working!

Hi,
My mailmerge was working ok, then (after I installed an Excel Addin, that
works with filtered ranges), the mailmerge stops working....

By stops working what i mean is that when i try to updated the mailmerge (or
select a new soucre... which is the same xls file as orginal) word asks me to
select the data soucre, then a table/(or somthiong else, i get another popup
form that ask me to do select further things, but theres no option in the
list box).

Orginally It was possible for the use to point at the excel sheet and word
would pick out the headings and data fine, with out a problem - I could setr
up a dynamic range in excel and use this, but i would rather just let
word/excel sort it out between them.

Any ideas, good places to look for data.
Thanks
Ross
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Try selecting Options from the Tools menu in Word and go to the General tab
and check the box against "Confirm conversions at open" and then when you
attach the data source, use the DDE method of connection.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

[...]