Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JayBL

Default How do we remove "From Existing Document"?

We have a set of templates that we want people to use. But there has been
occurences where people produce documents from previously made documents.

We would therefore like to remove the "From existing document" option that
appears when you click FILE - NEW or click on the white sheet of papericon
on the Word toolbar.

Is this possible to do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi JayBL,

No, that is not possible, but what you can do, is bypass the task pane.

Save a new document as a template. In this template, by means of Tools |
Customize..., replace the File | New... command with FileNewDialog (on the
Commands tab, select All commands under Categories, and select FileNewDialog
under Commands).

Save the template in the Word startup directory (see Tools | Options... |
tab File locations). Every user should have this startup directory. The
template will be loaded when Word starts, and File | New... comes up with the
FileNew dialog.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".