Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eduman

Default Disable all Features

I have students who need to use Word on a state test (similar to another
post) but I need to "turn off" everything except the ability to type and
print. No spell check, grammar check (which I know how to do these two), no
autocomplete, autofill, or anything else auto. Without going through every
menu option and then trying to remember what was "unchecked" and what was
"checked" to alter functions, is there one way to disable everything but
typing and printing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

This has been discussed before. Not only is there no easy way to do it;
there's no effective (test-proof) way to do it at all, even for grammar or
spelling. Why not use Notepad?

"Eduman" wrote in message
I have students who need to use Word on a state test (similar to another
post) but I need to "turn off" everything except the ability to type and
print. No spell check, grammar check (which I know how to do these two),
no
autocomplete, autofill, or anything else auto. Without going through
every
menu option and then trying to remember what was "unchecked" and what was
"checked" to alter functions, is there one way to disable everything but
typing and printing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eduman

You know, sometime, the most obvious makes so much sense. Notepad will be
perfect. There is no formatting, spell check, grammar, etc. Thanks for the
suggestion.