Susie Harris

Default Word 2003 comments

So, looking in the archives, I see that Word 2003 allows one to go back to
the highlighting of comments rather than the ugly balloons. Unfortunately, I
haven't been able to figure out how to do that and the help files are no
help. Anyone out there know how to set that up?
Thank you.
--
Susie Harris
Operations Manager

Susie Harris

OK, that works but the comment itself no longer shows up when I hover my
cursor over the highlighting. Is there something else to set? And if not, do
I have to edit the comment to see what it says?
--

Susie Harris wrote:

So, looking in the archives, I see that Word 2003 allows one to go back to
the highlighting of comments rather than the ugly balloons. Unfortunately, I
haven't been able to figure out how to do that and the help files are no
help. Anyone out there know how to set that up?
Thank you.

garfield-n-odie

In Word, click on Tools | Options | View | check the "Screen
tips" box | OK.

Susie Harris wrote:

OK, that works but the comment itself no longer shows up when I hover my
cursor over the highlighting. Is there something else to set? And if not, do
I have to edit the comment to see what it says?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tedoniman

Permit me to second that. Looks like this answers one of my own queries I'd
intended to post. Have to check first though, before sure it covers it all.

That makes it at least two now by 'garfield' that no need to disturb the
group's
peace with. Phenomenal.

So, thanx again 'garfield'...

--
Ted...

Susie Harris wrote:

OK, that works but the comment itself no longer shows up when I hover my
cursor over the highlighting. Is there something else to set? And if not, do
I have to edit the comment to see what it says?

Convert Word 2003 documents to WordPerfect formate Carol Microsoft Word Help 6 March 9th 06 07:11 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Comments as tool tips in Word 2003 Ann Scharpf Microsoft Word Help 1 April 23rd 05 09:30 AM