Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BenRose

Default Word should let me go back to the previous result found

I use Microsoft Word 2003. I would like Word to have a button in the Find
dialog box that takes me to the previous result. I can't count the number of
times I have accidentally clicked Find Next and then realized I needed to go
back to the last result. This would be especially useful in long documents or
with searches that have lots of results. It would save me hours that I spend
redoing searches to try to find that one result I accidentally missed.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

Actually, there are two ways to do that already built into Word. One is to
click on "More" (in the Find dialog box), and select Search: Up (the options
are Up, Down, and All). The other way to do it is with the two tiny little
blue arrows in the lower right corner of the screen. One of them says
"Previous Find/GoTo" and the other says "Next Find/GoTo." The top arrow
searches up, and the bottom arrow searches down. Just close the Find dialog
box and click those arrows to search up or down.

"BenRose" wrote:

I use Microsoft Word 2003. I would like Word to have a button in the Find
dialog box that takes me to the previous result. I can't count the number of
times I have accidentally clicked Find Next and then realized I needed to go
back to the last result. This would be especially useful in long documents or
with searches that have lots of results. It would save me hours that I spend
redoing searches to try to find that one result I accidentally missed.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

It does: use browse next/previous buttons at the bottom of the vertical
scroll bar. When you use Find, the browse object is automatically set to
Find.