Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JerryT

Default Skipping Labels

I am using merge to create multiple mailing labels every day. There are 30
labels per sheet. If I do not have exactly thirty, how do I tell the mail
merge program to start at a label different from the first top left position
so as not to waste labels every day?
Thanks,
Jerry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The only way to do this is to insert the appropriat number of blank records
at the beginning of the datasource.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JerryT" wrote in message
I am using merge to create multiple mailing labels every day. There are 30
labels per sheet. If I do not have exactly thirty, how do I tell the mail
merge program to start at a label different from the first top left
position
so as not to waste labels every day?
Thanks,
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Yeah, I suppose we could hijack the merge and have it create a catalog or
directory type document, the insert one more than the required number of
blank rows at the top of the table and insert field names into the first row
and then use that as the data source for the mailmerge.

Maybe I should try and get Avery to pay me for not doing it.g