Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rtvs

Default Default Tab Stop is 3.27 ch?

Currently have Office 2003 and recently noticed tabs and indents have changed
from inches to "xx .ch". The tab stop default shows up as 3.27 ch and we
can't seem to remove it.
Also on paragraph setting, 'ch' shows up and spacing is 'line'.
How do we get back to the inches and pts for these two as well?
thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

See http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Have a look at;

http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

HTH |:)

"rtvs" wrote:

Currently have Office 2003 and recently noticed tabs and indents have changed
from inches to "xx .ch". The tab stop default shows up as 3.27 ch and we
can't seem to remove it.
Also on paragraph setting, 'ch' shows up and spacing is 'line'.
How do we get back to the inches and pts for these two as well?
thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rtvs

FANTASTIC -
It worked !! 5 seconds to change things back; what a relief, and thank you

Have a look at;

"rtvs" wrote:

Currently have Office 2003 and recently noticed tabs and indents have changed
from inches to "xx .ch". The tab stop default shows up as 3.27 ch and we
can't seem to remove it.
Also on paragraph setting, 'ch' shows up and spacing is 'line'.
How do we get back to the inches and pts for these two as well?
thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rtvs

Mr. Freedman,
Received the same 'help' from CyberTaz, and it worked in a couple of minutes.
Please see my response. Thank you as well; this was driving me crazy. Any
idea where this may have been introduced to my system, was it in a MACRO from
another program?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

rtvs wrote:
Currently have Office 2003 and recently noticed tabs and indents have
changed from inches to "xx .ch". The tab stop default shows up as
3.27 ch and we can't seem to remove it.
Also on paragraph setting, 'ch' shows up and spacing is 'line'.
How do we get back to the inches and pts for these two as well?
thank you

See http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Glad it was what you needed! Thanks for posting back to let us know.

Regards |:)

"rtvs" wrote:

FANTASTIC -
It worked !! 5 seconds to change things back; what a relief, and thank you

Have a look at;

"rtvs" wrote:

Currently have Office 2003 and recently noticed tabs and indents have changed
from inches to "xx .ch". The tab stop default shows up as 3.27 ch and we
can't seem to remove it.
Also on paragraph setting, 'ch' shows up and spacing is 'line'.
How do we get back to the inches and pts for these two as well?
thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

It's unlikely to have been a macro, and certainly not one from another
program. It might have been the result of opening a document sent to you by
someone else who had that setting on their computer.

Graham Mayor, whose article helped you, says that character units are a side
effect of Asian language support. That, too, can come with a document from
another computer. If that's what happened, see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371 for help in removing it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

rtvs wrote:
Currently have Office 2003 and recently noticed tabs and indents
have changed from inches to "xx .ch". The tab stop default shows
up as
3.27 ch and we can't seem to remove it.
Also on paragraph setting, 'ch' shows up and spacing is 'line'.
How do we get back to the inches and pts for these two as well?
thank you

See http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

--
Regards,