Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ringring

Default about restart numbering

Hi,
I used style of numbering to number a paragarph. When I numbered another
paragraph with the same style, I found it contiune numbering with the previse
list. I know I can right-click mouse and choose Bulleting and Numbering from
the right-click mouse menu.
Q1: The problem is sometimes this command enables, but sometimes it is
disable. What's matter? How to avoid this problem?
Q2: Will the contiune numbering occure everytime when I use the style of
numbering? If not, how to avoid?

Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ringring

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you very much for reply. Well my problem is the command Bullets and
Numbering on the righe-click mouse menu is disable. I cannot click it. What
should I then?

Please it is in urgent.

Thanks a lot!

"ringring" wrote in message
Hi,
I used style of numbering to number a paragarph. When I numbered another
paragraph with the same style, I found it contiune numbering with the

previse
list. I know I can right-click mouse and choose Bulleting and Numbering

from
the right-click mouse menu.
Q1: The problem is sometimes this command enables, but sometimes it is
disable. What's matter? How to avoid this problem?
Q2: Will the contiune numbering occure everytime when I use the style of
numbering? If not, how to avoid?

Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case I would suggest you use one of the other restart methods, such
as making your lists part of an outline-numbered list, with an unnumbered
higher-level style that restarts numbering.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...artMethods.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"ringring" wrote in message
Hi,
I used style of numbering to number a paragarph. When I numbered

another
paragraph with the same style, I found it contiune numbering with the

previse
list. I know I can right-click mouse and choose Bulleting and

Numbering
from
the right-click mouse menu.
Q1: The problem is sometimes this command enables, but sometimes it is
disable. What's matter? How to avoid this problem?
Q2: Will the contiune numbering occure everytime when I use the style

of
numbering? If not, how to avoid?

Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John in Lakewood, California, USA

I'll put in my two cents' worth:

Highlight the items you want renumbered, right-click them and from the
shortcut menu select Restart numbering. Half the time bullets and numbering
help you out and half the time they hinder. An instructor once suggested
that you just type the paragraphs without the numbers and later number or
bullet them after the fact. It gives you a little more control over the
matter. Hope this helps some.

"ringring" wrote:

Hi,
I used style of numbering to number a paragarph. When I numbered another
paragraph with the same style, I found it contiune numbering with the previse
list. I know I can right-click mouse and choose Bulleting and Numbering from
the right-click mouse menu.
Q1: The problem is sometimes this command enables, but sometimes it is
disable. What's matter? How to avoid this problem?
Q2: Will the contiune numbering occure everytime when I use the style of
numbering? If not, how to avoid?

Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ringring

Thanks a lot, John!
It works!! So strange!! Is that a bug there?