Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Raja

Default Cannot delete toolbar in Word 2003

I am unable to delete the toolbar in Word 2003. I delete it but it shows back
again when Microsoft Word is started. How do I remove it permanently ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which toolbar?

"Raja" wrote in message
I am unable to delete the toolbar in Word 2003. I delete it but it shows

back
again when Microsoft Word is started. How do I remove it permanently ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

The one on the corner of 1st and Polk...
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Which toolbar?

so
all may benefit.

"Raja" wrote in message
I am unable to delete the toolbar in Word 2003. I delete it but it shows

back
again when Microsoft Word is started. How do I remove it permanently ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Raja

I can so many useless toolbars which are there for nothing. Here are those:

1) Two "Currency Sample" toolbars, but they contain nothing. I want to get
rid of them, but Word 2003 shows its deleted when I manually delete them. But
when Word is restarted, they pop back again.

2) There are 3 "Most Recently used" toolbars which I dont want. They contain
nothing in them. The count of "Most Recently Used" keeps on incresing
sometimes. How can I avoid this ?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Which toolbar?

"Raja" wrote in message
I am unable to delete the toolbar in Word 2003. I delete it but it shows

back
again when Microsoft Word is started. How do I remove it permanently ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

These are not standard Word toolbars so either you have added them to
normal.dot in which case you can delete them from tools customize
toolbars or they are loaded by an add-in, in which case the add-in will be
listed in tools templates and addins. Widening that dialog box will reveal
the full path to the file in question. Remove it from the startup folder.

Raja wrote:
I can so many useless toolbars which are there for nothing. Here are
those:

1) Two "Currency Sample" toolbars, but they contain nothing. I want
to get rid of them, but Word 2003 shows its deleted when I manually
delete them. But when Word is restarted, they pop back again.

2) There are 3 "Most Recently used" toolbars which I dont want. They
contain nothing in them. The count of "Most Recently Used" keeps on
incresing sometimes. How can I avoid this ?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Which toolbar?

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Raja" wrote in message
I am unable to delete the toolbar in Word 2003. I delete it but it
shows back again when Microsoft Word is started. How do I remove it
permanently ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Raja

Yes, but still I am unable to delete them. I tried finding the add-in, in
tools templates and addins, but there was nothing listed. Neither I am able
to delete it from tools customize ...
Why does deleting these from tools customize not really delete them. Why
do they pop up back again.

Any other ideas ?

"Raja" wrote in message
I am unable to delete the toolbar in Word 2003. I delete it but it
shows back again when Microsoft Word is started. How do I remove it
permanently ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If they are being loaded at startup by an add-in, they will resurface every
time you start Word. Some add-ins are not listed in Tools | Templates and
Add-ins; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...sInstalled.htm. If the
problem is that you are deleting them from Normal.dot and the deletions are
not being honored because Normal.dot is not being saved, then this could be
another issue. If you're using Adobe Acrobat 7, see the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

"Raja" wrote in message
I am unable to delete the toolbar in Word 2003. I delete it but it
shows back again when Microsoft Word is started. How do I remove it
permanently ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Raja

Yes the issue is:
I am deleting them from Normal.dot and the deletions are
not being honored. What should I do ? Its nothing related to Adobe Acrobat.
The problem started when I installed: Office 2003 Add-In: International
Character Toolbar, from Microsoft site
"http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/officeupdate/CD010773571033.aspx".

After that I have removed the add-in, but the remenants still seem to
remain. The toolbars are really annoying & I want to get rid of them. Any
more concrete solutions ?

"Raja" wrote in message
I am unable to delete the toolbar in Word 2003. I delete it but it
shows back again when Microsoft Word is started. How do I remove it
permanently ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

When you say it has nothing to do with Acrobat, do you mean you don't have
Acrobat? If you have Acrobat Version 7, that is the reason you can't change
normal.dot.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Raja" wrote in message
I am unable to delete the toolbar in Word 2003. I delete it but
it
shows back again when Microsoft Word is started. How do I remove
it
permanently ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Raja

Yes I do have Adobe Acrobat, but what has it to do with unnecessary toolbars
that I am having ?
1) Currency Sample (2 of these in View-Toolbars)
2) Most recently used (3 of these in View-Toolbars)

I guess these were installed when I installed: Office 2003 Add-In:
International Character Toolbar, from Microsoft site
"http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/officeupdate/CD010773571033.aspx".

Then I uninstalled "International Character Toolbar", but the remains still
are there, which I am unable to get rid off, whatever I try. Delete in
Customize does not work for them. They pop back again when I restart Word.
Any more solutions ?

"Raja" wrote in message
I am unable to delete the toolbar in Word 2003. I delete it but
it
shows back again when Microsoft Word is started. How do I remove
it
permanently ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Perhaps if you'd read the web page you'd understand!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If they are being loaded at startup by an add-in, they will
resurface every
time you start Word. Some add-ins are not listed in Tools |
Templates and Add-ins; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...sInstalled.htm.
If the
problem is that you are deleting them from Normal.dot and the
deletions are
not being honored because Normal.dot is not being saved, then this
could be
another issue. If you're using Adobe Acrobat 7, see the last
section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Raja" wrote in message
I am unable to delete the toolbar in Word 2003. I delete it
but it
shows back again when Microsoft Word is started. How do I
remove it
permanently ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Just read the parts of the web page about Adobe Acrobat 7. It blocks changes
to normal.dot through normal processes.
--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If they are being loaded at startup by an add-in, they will resurface
every
time you start Word. Some add-ins are not listed in Tools | Templates
and
Add-ins; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...sInstalled.htm. If
the
problem is that you are deleting them from Normal.dot and the
deletions
are
not being honored because Normal.dot is not being saved, then this
could
be
another issue. If you're using Adobe Acrobat 7, see the last section
of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

newsgroup
so